Thursday, October 27, 2011

Foreword to Una Mirada 2010/2011 (or better say farewell!)

16 years in one workplace is something! Everything becomes part of you, everything becomes a source of joy, not just a reminiscence!


It has been an honor to me, for six years, to serve as the principal of Makassed Khalil Shehab and no words can convey my true sentiments. It has been a journey that the team of KSPS and I have travelled together with the support of different Makassed directorates, a journey full of excitement and self-growth… From achieving national and international recognition, to rising in all directions, to developing every corner of the school, to starting a second family, a family of friends, there might not be one thing that has not become a part of me!

I will miss everyone and every detail -the sisterly look of Abir, the professionalism and love of Dounia, the dedication of Siham, the immediate support of Zainab, the kindness of Lina, the wide smiles of Sawsan and Randa, the punctuality of Mirvat, the diligence of Zeina, the choreography of Rola, the artistic flavor of Iman & Sherihan, the assistance of Ibrahim, the silent hard work of Jancet and Hoda, the creativity of Bassam and Yehya , and even the “walaw” of Rola. I need forever to tell you how special you are! Looking at you, I see dedicated people and great team culture that you can soldier on. Mrs Rana is lucky to have talents like yours! Jotting down few words of appreciation can never do you your rights. I want also to thank you for honoring me many instances during my last days as your principal. Your loving tribute means a lot to me!

My students, you were a source of joy to me and I already miss everything about you, your fun-loving nature, your hugs, your strive for first place in all competitions, even your nuances! Today I leave you with stronger wings, braver hearts, so fly, soar, and make me proud of your achievements! I’ll keep following you in the cyberspace!

And my president, I’m grateful that I work in a place that allows me to work, to compete in business, to pursue my dreams, and to give back to those who make it all happen.You entrusted me with a big responsibility towards Makassed, which is also a better growth opportunity for me. I’ll follow your example of leadership and caring, so we have another Makassed Cloverland in Achrafieh!

And dear parents, when we started this magazine, we were hoping to offer your kids, KSPS students, a souvenir. Today I find its several issues a souvenir for me, a treasured record of six years of achievement and joy! Hopefully, you will enjoy reading this issue. It is loaded with success stories of this year- Microsoft, Bank Med, Promethean and others. It also shows how we were trying to establish the classroom of today and tomorrow, with focus on innovative teaching, higher order thinking skills, community involvement, and technology integration, so that your child who is also ours will benefit!

I wish all that continues in KSPS. The last I can say and with a smile:

KSPS is in safe hands,

GO MAKASSED CLOVERS, GO!

No comments: